SCHOENBAUER CONSULTING, LLC
© 2011 Schoenbauer Consulting, LLC
Jeff Schoenbauer, RLA
Registered Landscape Architect
Public Outreach/Engagement Specialist
Jeff cofounded Schoenbauer Consulting, LLC in 2008 to focus on specific types of public projects related to parks, trails, open space, outdoor recreation facilities and community planning.
Jeff has extensive experience with managing controversial and complex public projects, with a capacity for working with diverse personalities and resolving conflicts through a consensus building approach. Jeff has also gained a reputation as an innovator – always looking for new possibilities and striving for ways to maximize the value of public projects.
- Principal-in-charge and project manager on a wide cross-section of public planning, design, and construction projects over the last 30 years - at the local, regional, and state-level
- Principal-in-charge and lead planner for the Greater MN Regional Parks and Trails Strategic Plan, which will be used to inform the allocation of millions of dollars in Legacy Funds over a 25 year period
- MN DNR Future Strategies Committee - to assist the agency in discovering a new direction for Minnesota state parks and trails based on current trends and funding realities
- Principal consultant on challenging comprehensive system and strategic planning and reorganization efforts – with clients including Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board and St. Paul Parks
- Principal-in-charge and lead planner on a wide variety of local, regional, and state-level parks, open space, and trail system plans
- Author of a handbook entitled Redefining the Development Process: Choosing Collaboration Over Contention to Protect Natural Resources and Maximize the Public Values from Private Development
- Principal author of MN DNR’s Trail Planning, Design, and Development Guidelines
- Nationally-recognized trail planning and design expert – routinely presenting on the subject across the country
- Author/coauthor of national publications, including the National Park, Recreation, Open Space, and Greenway Guidelines (NRPA) and Urban Planning and Design Standards Guidelines for Park and Trail System Planning (APA)
- Routine presenter at conferences across the country on diverse subjects, including parks, trails, open space, and community development planning
- Acting as Owner’s Representative – with full responsibilities for project success, including project management, design, and construction management responsibilities
Jeff was the principal author of MN DNR's Trail Planning, Design, and Development Guidelines and author of Redefining the Development Process: Choosing Collaboration Over Contention to Protect Natural Resources and Maximize the Public Values from Private Development
Prior to cofounding his own firm, Jeff was a Senior Principal with Brauer & Associates, Ltd., where he worked for nearly 30 years in the same area of specialization.
5054 Drew Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55410
Planning / Public Process / Research / Design Services
Specializing in Parks / Trails / Recreational Facilities / Open Space